October 6, 2017

Another week in the rear view mirror. Let’s review.
This week, we went over a few chapters on things like symbols, shapes, and gradients.
I have to say, it was a lot easier than I anticipated. My computer (Who, by the way, I’ve decided to call Samuel) didn’t seem to want to work with me when it came to smooth shapes, but with a little bit of coaxing, I managed to work it out. Symbols were relatively easy – Combining symbols with smooth shapes was interesting. I hope I can play around with that more in the future. Gradient shapes was a bit puzzling at first, but that also ended up being quite entertaining.
As for symbols themselves – They’re alright. I feel like I don’t know them very well yet, so I may need to review that section. The symbol I made was a lollipop, because I felt it’d be relatively simple while having enough of a need for color that creating a color palette for it would be fun. I was right! Simple to create, fun to look at. I don’t know if I’ll use it in any future designs, but I suppose time will tell.
There was also an assignment to work on a logo for a middle school, as they don’t have a vector image for their logo, which I’ve started, and soon enough here, I’m going to work on some more. I put a rough draft of mine in my drive folder, but it’s pretty far from done. The shading on the lettering is throwing me off…? I’m not.. Quite sure how to go about.. Doing it. So.. It’s something I’ll have to look into.
I’m such a perfectionist, though, and I’m bad with the pen tool, so this whole thing is kind of killing me, just a little bit.
What else? Well, we started working on the door for a door decorating competition. The seniors get one door and us juniors get the other. I actually forgot what the design is supposed to be, but I tried to help somewhat anyway by cutting some of the ribbons for it. I’m sure it’ll look good, though, since some of our most artsy students are working on it. I’m cheering for them.
Well, that’s another week down. Time seems to go by so fast.
Catch you on the flip side.